Our latest internet dating article looks at a tinder study that reveals the pick-up line that is the most effective.
– 86% of people like when pick-up lines are used.
– Cheesy pick-up lines are the best way to go, with 77% of people liking them.
– Dirty pick-up lines are ruining your chances, with only 34% of people liking them.
– Using the pick-up line “I’d say God bless you, but it looks like he already did” has the highest success rate out of all pick-up lines (80.4%).
“Let’s have a who’s better in bed contest. I’m hoping to be a sore loser” was the pick-up line that led to the least success.
Due to nationwide lockdowns, more singletons than ever have turned to dating apps to seek a partner, often resorting to dodgy pick-up lines and dreadful jokes in the hopes of scoring themselves a date.
But which one gives you the best chance of receiving a swipe right? Fortunately, ManySpins.com have done the research so you don’t have to! Using Tinder, they created identical profiles with different pick-up lines in each bio to see which has the highest success rate.
Survey reveals our attitude to pick-up lines
In the hopes of digging deeper and finding out why some pick-up lines are more effective than others, Manyspins.com surveyed 4,320 people to uncover their views.
When asked ‘Do you like pick-up lines?’, 86% of participants said that they do and only 14% disagreed. This just goes to show that your dating success is down to your choice of pick-up line
92% of participants agreed that the wrong pick-up line can be enough to put them off someone and swipe left, so what kinds do we prefer?
Interested in digging deeper, they asked participants what kind of pick-up lines they are most likely to swipe right on and received the following response:
- Cheesy/corny (77%)
- Romantic (71%)
- Funny (62%)
- Straightforward (56%)
- Dirty (34%)
Taking a range of pickup lines that fit into these different categories, Manyspins.com took to Tinder to see which is most likely get you a response.
1. I’d say God bless you, but it looks like he already did 80.4%
2. I think I’ve seen you before. You look a lot like my next boyfriend/girlfriend 79.4%
3. So, when our friends ask how we met, what are we going to tell them? 77%
4. You don’t know how many swipes it took to finally find you 70.6%
5. Do you believe in love at first sight or should we match again? 66.8%
6. You know what would be great? Talking to you 64.2%
7. Looking to spread love not germs 62.4%
8. Cupid called, he wants my heart back 56.2%
9. On a scale of 1 to 10, you’re a 9 and I’m the 1 you lack 55.8%
10. You wanna know what’s beautiful? Read the first word again 52.4%
11. Remember me? Oh, that’s right, I’ve met you only in my dreams 49.6%
12. Do you believe in love at first swipe? 39.2%
13. Your parents will love me, but your neighbours won’t 34.2%
14. If you were a booger, I’d pick you first 32.8%
15. Let’s have a who’s better in bed contest. I’m hoping to be a sore loser 26.2%